Hello

Follow my progress of breast cancer with my blog ... it keeps me sane and I love to receive comments to keep me going, I keep smiling and taking each day as it comes. The posts are listed with the most recent first, go to the bottom of the page to scroll old posts or click on the weekly date list. Paula xx

Wednesday, 5 August 2026

The Results are in...

 Today I have hit 70,000 blog page views

Since my operation two weeks ago, I have been doing my injections, taking my medication and wearing my tight socks (I had decided to come off the painkillers as I was waking daily with headaches). 

Today I was supposed to go to the doctor to get my staples removed from my six 'bullet hole' wounds on my stomach. When I was in the shower Tommy answered my phone as there was an incoming call from the hospital. I took the call from one of the nurses who told me that they had had their big Wednesday MDT meeting this morning and had discussed my case, being in receipt of the results of the biopsy. 

She asked if it was a good time and if I was in a good place to talk with her (I was dripping wet, still covered in shower gel) I told her that of course I was free to talk. She quickly told me that the biopsy showed that the cancer was completely contained in the part of the colon that they had removed. They do not need to see me again. There is no further treatment required. I cried with joy, I had not realised how worried I actually had been about going through another course of chemotherapy. 

Then I completely forgot to go to the doctor! (I have rescheduled for tomorrow)!

Tommy and I went out for the day, he drove, I shopped, I was skipping around the shops, he carried the bags, we lunched. 


Thank you all for being such kind and lovely friends and family,
I'm a survivor - I'm not going anywhere. x


1 comment:

  1. Brilliant news Paula, it must have been a worrying time for you all.
    Annie x
    l

    ReplyDelete

Go on post a comment!