Emptied my bowels. Then around 11am taken round to be given a cannula, an Epidural, (in case keyhole was not possible) and then breathed in my anaesthetic. mmm 😴.
On waking in recovery (5 hours later) I was told that the cannula had been removed from my spine as the surgeon had done the whole operation via keyhole. Yeay.
He had removed a section of the colon either side of the withheld cancer and stitched the colon back together. That was sent off for biopsy.
I waited for around 4 hours in recovery as they could not find a bed on the wards for me. Tommy was waiting outside to see me. In the end, as they could not give us any indication of the wait, Tommy headed home having not been able to see me.
Well, was my wait worth it? I was wheeled into a separate side room on the ward, with a balcony and the most lovely sunset view! This all inclusive room, in Saint Evenage, with 24 hour room service, will do me!
Being hooked up to drips, morphine, leg massagers and catheter, I did not sleep at all in the night, what with people and tests and pain relief.
As soon as the hospital made me put on one of those gowns… I knew that the end was in sight.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on post a comment!