Slept for a couple of hours at a time last night. 6am wakening with lots of tablets and a new IV drip for medication. After breakfast in bed the surgeon came to see me to say that I should probably stay in for a further 24 hours, just so all boxes can be ticked ✅ I need to do lots of walking around the ward. He said he was working on a Saturday as he is on call (he is usually slalom water skiing).
They removed my cannulas today, so no more drips through my aching veins.
Tommy came to see me, he bought some clean clothes and took the laundry. I had a nap then Deb came for a visit and a catch up before my tea. I am feeling better day by day. Having a laugh with the 3 ladies in the ward, all with very differing ailments and life stories.
So I am coming close to the end of my hospital CHAPTER, I cannot put into WORDS how pleased I am with how it all went. Looking forward to turning a new PAGE. Now the big QUESTION MARK is will the reconnected ends of the COLON heal properly?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on post a comment!