8 o’clock this morning the surgeon came round to say he is happy for me to go home today. I think I have been here too long… even the breakfast staff said do you want your usual? Cornflakes, no sugar; yoghurt; orange juice; tea with milk, no sugar!
Tommy came to pick me up at noon. I said goodbye to my ward buddies and staff. The discharge process takes forever. It is 2:30 and I am still trying to leave! My friend Tina, (she's the funny one) suggested tying blankets together and taking the window, I said that I had been caught doing that. I had to admit too that the porters uniform did not fit me so in the we end opted for the linen basket.
We were permitted to leave around 3pm with a bag of drugs and headed for home. Once home I slept solidly for an exhausted nap.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on post a comment!