Hello

Follow my progress of breast cancer with my blog ... it keeps me sane and I love to receive comments to keep me going, I keep smiling and taking each day as it comes. The posts are listed with the most recent first, go to the bottom of the page to scroll old posts or click on the weekly date list. Paula xx

Friday 1 March 2013

I Do Have my Moments

Right, now I don't want anyone worrying but I thought I would share this poem with you which I wrote back in early February. I now have stopped the early evening depressions and am feeling a lot brighter, so now feel ready to share it with you all.

As I lie each night on my side in bed
The reality and thoughts go through my head.
The wet silent tears run down my face
Changing the colour of my pillowcase.

I so try to keep my sobs at bay
But my snotty sniffs are a sure give away
This hurt and pain that I try to hide
Have obviously been all pent up inside. 

Theres been more ups than downs within this sentence
But at times like this I just vent my vengeance
For most of the time I really have been coping
And despise myself for all this self-sorry moping.

I really can feel so much love and support
Which has taken me further than I'd ever thought
The flowers, the gifts, cards, ironing and cooking
Have carried me forward without even looking.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, beautifully written from the heart...I really hope these moments are few and far between now, just look how far you have come amazing lady. I hope your having a great weekend with the fam and spring is in the air soon! Lots of love Dxx

    ReplyDelete

Go on post a comment!