Hello

Follow my progress of breast cancer with my blog ... it keeps me sane and I love to receive comments to keep me going, I keep smiling and taking each day as it comes. The posts are listed with the most recent first, go to the bottom of the page to scroll old posts or click on the weekly date list. Paula xx

Monday 5 November 2012

I Have a Plan

I went into work before going to hospital to get my bloods tested, which are good for chemo tomorrow. Tommy and I saw the doctor who explained what will probably happen after this chemo; in the way of timings and expectations, ie. operation 3/4 weeks later, recovery from op 2/3 weeks, then hopefully a break, before starting radiotherapy, after Christmas, at Mount Vernon every week day for three and a half weeks. I will also be taking Tamoxifen, an anti-oestrogen drug, every day for the next five years.  

http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Cancerinformation/Cancertreatment/Treatmenttypes/Hormonaltherapies/Individualhormonaltherapies/Tamoxifen.aspx#.UJgT7MWl4uA


So it looks as if I may get a break at Christmas time after the operation before starting radiotherapy in the New Year. I feel blessed that the timings have worked so well for me. 

٩(-̮̮̃ -̃)۶ It may sound crazy, but I also feel so thankful that everything has gone so well and relatively smoothly for me so far (don't ask me to repeat that in the next few weeks when the chemotherapy kicks in again).

I have such wonderful family and friends, not to forget work, the doctors and breastcare nurses who have helped me through this blip in my life. Without their love, help, support and positive words this would not have been such a bearable experience for me.

Well done to Rebecca who is moving up a swimming class. xx

I have an attitude of gratitude



1 comment:

  1. As Hannibal from the A Team said - "I love it when a plan comes together!".
    You are doing really well. I hope your last chemo goes OK tomorrow.
    Thinking of you. Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete

Go on post a comment!