Hello

Follow my progress of breast cancer with my blog ... it keeps me sane and I love to receive comments to keep me going, I keep smiling and taking each day as it comes. The posts are listed with the most recent first, go to the bottom of the page to scroll old posts or click on the weekly date list. Paula xx

Saturday 24 November 2012

Post Op Post, 19,000 hits

Flowers from Tommy.
At the QEII cancer patients are taken to the private ward, so I had my own en-suite room. 

I slept comfortably through the night, waking sometimes to read. In the morning they came round to give me more painkillers, and to take my temperature and blood pressure (as they had done throughout the night). I told them how well I felt, they explained that was because I was full of morphine and to take it easy. After breakfast the doctor came to see me. He explained that the operation had gone well and that they, as well as taking out the lump and removing lymph glands, had also taken some other samples out from the calcifications. I will have to wait for the results now, to see what they do next????? I was told I could go home after lunch.

The most delightful thing
about being bald...
one can hear snowflakes
Mum and Dad came to visit and bought me a beautiful charm for my bracelet, which Rebecca helped them to choose,Then Tommy arrived to pick me up. I am back at home now, still no pain.

Thank you again to all, for all the well wishes xx


I bought an alcoholic ginger beer the other day.
He wasn't impressed


2 comments:

  1. Dear Paula. All our love and best wishes. Love Al and Ang xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know I have been thinking of you all weekend, it was nice reading your blog and to know you are not in pain. Love and hugs Dawn. x

    ReplyDelete

Go on post a comment!