Hello

Follow my progress of breast cancer with my blog ... it keeps me sane and I love to receive comments to keep me going, I keep smiling and taking each day as it comes. The posts are listed with the most recent first, go to the bottom of the page to scroll old posts or click on the weekly date list. Paula xx

Friday 9 November 2012

Nee Nah, Nee Nah

In the ambulance.
Felt a bit slow and lethargic this morning, but it's my day off, so I had arranged to meet Heidi to do a bit of shopping in the morning and then to go on to lunch with the twin mums. Whilst at the shops I felt ill... dizzy, light-headed, sick and faint. I had to sit down on a shop floor. 


Paramedic, Curly Fries.
Heidi called an ambulance, which arrived sometime later (as we were in a shopping centre and they couldn't gain direct access). Whisked off to hospital, Princess Alexandra in Harlow this time (I need a tour T-shirt). Tommy rushed home from work to meet me in my private side ward, where they carried out numerous checks, to find that my blood pressure was lowering and that my potassium levels were also low as well as my iron levels. Also dehydrated. Ooh the joys of chemo. 


My chauffeur.
I slept in between tests in the hospital and then was discharged a few hours later. Missed lunch with the twin mums. Julie picked the children up from school and took them home to hers for tea and then onto a fireworks display. Tommy brought me home and I slept. 


I stepped on a cheerio this morning… Does that make me a cereal killer?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paula, glad you are out of hospital and doctor tommy taking good care of you rather than hospital! We missed you today and hope the fatigue passes much sooner this time. You are such an inspiration to us all. Lots of love Lindsay xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula, glad you were able to get home yesterday. I was a pleasure meeting you and you are an inspiration. Lots of love Louise (your chauffeur)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula, glad you managed to get home yesterday. Wish all of our patients were as happy as you. You are an inspiration.
    Lots of love Louise and Carly (your big yellow taxi)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you didn't have to spend the night in hospital. Hope you have a very restful weekend. Your photo opportunities are just brill! Lindsey x x x

    ReplyDelete

Go on post a comment!