Hello

Follow my progress of breast cancer with my blog ... it keeps me sane and I love to receive comments to keep me going, I keep smiling and taking each day as it comes. The posts are listed with the most recent first, go to the bottom of the page to scroll old posts or click on the weekly date list. Paula xx

Friday 18 January 2013

The Snowy Mount

Tommy took the twins down to school. Once he was back and had scraped the car we set off to find Mount Vernon. As the journey progressed the snow progressed,  it took an hour to get there through the snowfall. 

Once in the large hospital, we waited and then when I was seen, I had to be drawn all over with pens before having a CT scan. Once that was over they tattooed me in three places, LOVE on one hand, HATE on the other... answers on a postcard for where and what the third one was! 

Actually the three tattoos (yes they really are, and will never go away) are each a pin prick size, one in the centre of my what was cleavage, one to left of my rib cage and one to the right. These will allow the radiotherapy machine to recognise the place to zap me each time. They did not give me a  starting date or times today... I will get a letter in the post in the next 7-10 days. 


CT scanner
By the time we were leaving the snow had really set in. Driving home between 3 and 7mph, seeing a few smash ups on the way took forever. The children left school early due to the adverse weather conditions and went back to Andrews house.

Once home Rebecca attempted to build a snowman, but frankly the snow was just not right! >>>









I have to work tomorrow, hopefully I won't be showing any people around an Ig (house without a Loo).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on post a comment!