Hello

Follow my progress of breast cancer with my blog ... it keeps me sane and I love to receive comments to keep me going, I keep smiling and taking each day as it comes. The posts are listed with the most recent first, go to the bottom of the page to scroll old posts or click on the weekly date list. Paula xx

Wednesday 3 October 2012

I'm Back

Queenie back home now (I have added some new pictures to the last few days posts).


Amityville; my view.
Well what a few days! I had named it Chemo Queen Suite, but after a few days it felt more like solitary confinement, it wasn't that they handed me my meals through a hole in the door, but I had started to scratch lines on the wall to tell how long I had been in there. I was on the ground floor so had no need to tie sheets together to escape via the window, although my only view was of Amityville, so that way out didn't look too promising. Joking aside the whole ward had an access security code, and a few of the inmates tried to escape during the night, there was a sign on the door asking visitors not to let anyone out, especially those wearing pyjamas!

Dr Collins, or is it the janitor?
Every person who entered my cell had to put on a protective apron and gloves, so that I could not catch any germs or infections. Lauren sent a pile of books; one of them was a story about someone living in a room 11' x 11' and never leaving, mmm, good one Loz! Could have written that one myself! It is called  ROOM 'Startling original and moving... Endearing and utterly compelling' ... a bit like my blog then.

Luckily I had my get out of jail free card and was let out on good behaviour this afternoon with a bag full of drugs. Lovely to be back home with my little family.

I love this quote found for me by Jill: 

“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” 
   ― Audrey Hepburn
Thank you to everyone for all the good wishes xx


3 comments:

  1. Hi Paula. So glad to hear you are home and feeling a bit better. Lots of love Deb C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you are back. Nice picture of Dr Tommy!! Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear your back with your humour...we missed it, love the new look Paula page too! Take it easy xx

    ReplyDelete

Go on post a comment!