Hello

Follow my progress of breast cancer with my blog ... it keeps me sane and I love to receive comments to keep me going, I keep smiling and taking each day as it comes. The posts are listed with the most recent first, go to the bottom of the page to scroll old posts or click on the weekly date list. Paula xx

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Kaptain Keymo 5

Chemo five
Mum and Dad came round; Dad to take Oscar and his bike to school and Mum to look after poorly Rebecca. 

Tommy and I went to the QEII for my ultra sound and a local anaesthetic to place a clip (metal pin head thing) in the site of the tumour.... which he suggested was very difficult to find and looked more like just a scar now!!! I then had a mammogram to make sure the clip was placed correctly. No pain.

We got home to relieve Mum and then Tommy stayed at home to do his work and Dad took me to the Lister for chemo 5. Another long delay, but in the room of beeping machines and ten chairs full of patients I managed to get one of the good comfy reclining chairs again. 

I helped Dad to work out how to do some extra fancy stuff on his mobile phone and also with the crossword (we only had to cheat a couple of times). 

Once I got home Tommy took Oscar to cubs and Kats came round to help me change the beds. 

Rebecca is now feeling a lot better and should be ready to return to school tomorrow lunchtime.

I didn't sleep last night because of the strong steroids. I actually feel a bit buzzy/hiper tonight from them too. 

Not a crossword from my father!

2 comments:

  1. You really are a lovely family Paula. Keep going girl!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are a wonderful family. Keep going Paula. EVERYBODY is behind you. X

    ReplyDelete

Go on post a comment!