Hello

Follow my progress of breast cancer with my blog ... it keeps me sane and I love to receive comments to keep me going, I keep smiling and taking each day as it comes. The posts are listed with the most recent first, go to the bottom of the page to scroll old posts or click on the weekly date list. Paula xx

Monday 24 September 2012

Fascinating Bobbie

SUNDAY
We all got up early, kids excited about their trip and Tommy and me about the wedding. We dropped the twins at mum and dads at 9am and headed up to Ipswich. On route we tuned into the local radio station http://www.town102.com as Tommy's cousin had WON their wedding via a competition from Town 102. I sent a text to the radio show, and he read it out.... On our way to Rachel & Pauls wedding, looking forward to a fab day, Tommy and Paula from Hertford. I also requested our wedding song from 14 years ago.

Unfortunately though, I had banged the text out using predictive text and it read Rachel and PAULAs wedding, so the DJ explained that he thought it was the competition wedding, but that perhaps there actually was a wedding for Rachel and Paula that day, so congratulations to them! He then played Kiss from a Rose by Seal for us. 

We all got a red London bus to the wedding venue, Rachel looked beautiful. After the ceremony we caught the bus back to the hotel for speeches and reception. 

A superb wedding, after the meal we hit the dance floor, great 80s disco, all my faves. Dressed Bobbie in a little black feathery fascinator!  

MONDAY
Spent the night at the hotel, got up and met everyone for hungover breakfast. Checked out and said our goodbyes, what a fantastic wedding. Thanks guys.

Tommy and I made our way to the hospital where I had my 3 weekly appointment to check my bloods and see the Oncologist. Today I had to start taking steroids in preparation for my 4th chemo tomorrow, using a different drug. Still a bit anaemic but not low enough to have a blood transfusion but I must now eat more iron to prevent this. My Oncologist suggested that I go back to see my Surgeon to discuss his plans, as now that the cancer has reduced, he may not want to perform the mastectomy but just remove part of the breast, I will discuss this with him.

With her marriage Rachel got a new name and a dress

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the wedding and had a good weekend and so pleased to hear you are feeling much better and the treatment is working very well. I think your blog is terrific and your little jokes at the end really funny. Well done you. Big hjugs Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey paula, its your wonderful cousin (in law) junior. Finally found your blog! Just wanted to say it was great to finally see you at the wedding after all this time, and really happy to see you with a great big smile on your face. Was one hell of a night, but what else dya expect at a conway do! Lets not leave it ad long next time. Speak to you soon, lots of love Junior xxx

    ReplyDelete

Go on post a comment!