Hello

Follow my progress of breast cancer with my blog ... it keeps me sane and I love to receive comments to keep me going, I keep smiling and taking each day as it comes. The posts are listed with the most recent first, go to the bottom of the page to scroll old posts or click on the weekly date list. Paula xx

Sunday 30 September 2012

Poetry, no motion

Ow, ow, yuck, yuck, day three in my bed 
  No energy; no appetite; a pounding hurting head
I clearly have lost all my brilliant sense of humour! 
  (all thrown in with a small sense of blinkin' beepin' tumour).

It's not the cancer causing this pain
  but the repeated drugs throughout my vein
I know I will feel better by next week
  But still the tears run down my cheek.

I ate the beef, the curly kale, still my bones they ache  
  Next time I'll try some Guinness maybe with a piece of cake
I will be fine, I know its true
  Just give me a day or two....


Man does not live by coffee alone. Have a danish





3 comments:

  1. Next week's Sunday lunch will be cake and Guinness .... now that actually sounds like a good idea! T x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think your humour hasn't gone
    Even though you're feeling wrong

    All our love M&D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it's a good day to stay in bed..the rain is causing many a bad hair day today! Does Bob have bad hair days? If not, I want one!

    Thinking of you

    Bevxxx

    ReplyDelete

Go on post a comment!